1. ABOUT US
We have appointed a data protection officer to oversee our handling of personal information. If you have any questions about how we collect, store or use your information, you can contact our data protection officer using the details set out in Contacting us
2. WHO DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT?
- Previous, current and prospective applicants
- Our website users
- Interested applicants from our own Social Media Platforms
- Interested applicants from Various online Search engines.
- Third parties (Agents, Sub- agents & Referrals)
- Business contacts.
3. WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- When you apply for admissions via our website.
- When you submit a request form for Contact us. (whether you complete that fully or not)
- When you Contact us or message us in our social media platforms.
- When you submit a request form for CALL BACK. (whether you complete that fully or not)
- When you submit a request form for CHAT WITH US ONLINE. (whether you complete that fully or not)
- If you contact us for any other reason.
- Whenever you use the Academic Education website.
- Whenever you send us an email.
- If you respond to a customer survey, questionnaire, or marketing campaign
- When you contact us through our “refer a friend” scheme
- When you enter an organised events, competition or prize draw
4. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND USE?
The personal information that we collect will depend on your relationship with us. We will collect different information depending on whether you are a student or a prospective student
Due to the nature of our business, we may request and/or receive ‘sensitive’ data about you, known as special category data, for example information pertaining to your health, for admission purposes. We may also request or need to access details of any unspent criminal convictions.
- General information such as your name, address, contact details, date of birth, gender, family and relationship information, and nationality.
- Information about your job including job title, employment history, education history, and professional accreditations.
- Information relating to previous academic qualifications.
- Information relating to previous address history.
- Information relating to reference.
- Financial information such as your bank details.
- Website browsing history
- Information captured during our telephone calls, whether inbound and outbound
- Your marketing preferences
- IP address
- Device ID information
Sensitive personal information:
- Information relating to criminal history (including offences and alleged offences and any caution, court sentence, or criminal conviction)
5. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We collect personal information from a number of different sources including:
- Directly from you or from someone else on your behalf
- From Referrals, Partners, and Agents.
- Through customer surveys and responses to various marketing campaigns.
- Through publicly available sources such as internet search engines and social media sites.
- From other third parties (social media platforms)
- From other third parties who provide a service in relation to your admissions.
- From inbound and outbound phone calls.
- From inbound and outbound emails.
6. WHAT ARE THE PUROPOSES FOR WHICH YOUR INFORMATIONS ARE USED?
We may process your personal information for a number of different purposes.
- To set you up as a prospective student.
- To evaluate your admission application and provide a full consultations and guidance.
- To conduct any future survey or analysis.
- General administration purposes.
- Prevention and detection of and investigating and prosecuting fraud.
- Management of complaints (including communicating with you and resolving any complaints that you might have)
- Complying with our legal or regulatory obligations
- Providing improved quality, training and security (for example, with respect to recorded or monitored phone calls to our contact numbers)
- Managing our business operations such as maintaining accounting records, analysis of financial results, internal audit requirements, and receiving professional advice (e.g. tax or legal advice)
- Provide marketing information to you (including information and marketing campaigns about our other services), in accordance with any preferences* you have expressed
- Monitoring applications, reviewing, assessing, tailoring, and improving our products and services and similar products and services offered by Simply Business
- Ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
- Allowing you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so
- Investigating or detecting the unauthorised use of our systems, to secure our system and to ensure the effective operation of our systems
- Ad-hoc communications and fulfilment of thank you notes, gifts, and other vouchers
7. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We may disclose personal information to a third party, but only where it is required by law, where it is otherwise allowed under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), or where we have obtained your consent to do so. We may disclose information when necessary to prevent risk of harm to an individual
8. WHAT MARKETING ACTIVITIES DO WE CARRY OUT?
- Marketing Activities
We may also use your personal information to provide you with information by email about our products or services or those of our partners which may be of interest to you or to send eNewsletters. You have the option to opt out at any time.
If you wish to unsubscribe from emails sent by us, you may do so at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link that appears in all emails. Otherwise you can always contact us using the details set out in section 14 to update your contact preferences, or email firstname.lastname@example.org In such circumstances, we will continue to send you service-related (non-marketing) communications where necessary.
We might also use your personal information to provide you with information by text message about our services or those of our partners which may be of interest to you. You have the option to opt out at any time.
You can stop receiving text messages sent by us at any time by following the instructions in the text message on how to unsubscribe. This appears in all text messages. Otherwise you can always contact us using the details set out in section 14 to update your contact preferences. In such circumstances, we will continue to send you service-related (non-marketing) communications where necessary.
We may also use your personal information to call you regarding products and services you have expressed an interest in, or which we believe may be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving these calls at any point.
You can stop receiving telephone calls from us at any time by contacting us using the details set out in section 14 to update your contact preferences. In such circumstances, we will continue to send you service-related (non-marketing) communications where necessary.
We may also use your personal information to provide you with information by post about our products or services or those of our partners which may be of interest to you. You have the option to opt out at any time.
You can stop receiving post from us at any time by contacting us using the details set out in section 12 to update your contact preferences. In such circumstances, we will continue to send you service related (non-marketing) communications where necessary.
TO STOP receiving any marketing communications from us please email email@example.com
- If you have been referred to us through one of our partner’s websites
We will only use your personal information to contact you about our products or services, or those of our partners which may be of interest to you, if our partner has provided us with your consent, indicating that you are happy for us to contact you using one of the methods set out above. You have the option to opt out at any time (please see above).
- If you have entered a campaign or competition via any of our social media channels
If you enter a prize draw or competition via one of our social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn we may collect your email address for the purpose of fulfilling the terms and conditions of such competition or prize draw. We may also use your personal information collected at competition sign up stage to provide you with information by email about our products or services or those of our partners which may be of interest to you or to send eNewsletters. You can choose to receive such emails by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ on the social media page displaying the marketing option for the specific competition/prize draw.
9. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
10. YOUR RIGHTS
Under data protection law you have certain legal rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you. You may exercise these rights at any time by contacting us using the details set out in section 12.
- in some cases we may not be able to comply with your request (e.g. we might not be able to delete your data) for reasons such as our own obligations to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements. However, we will always respond to any request you make, and if we can’t comply with your request we will tell you why
Your rights include:
- The right to object to marketing: You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time. To STOP receiving all marketing communications from us please email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right to access your personal information: You are entitled to a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the ICO: We would hope that you will always raise any issues with us first, and that we will be able to resolve them to your satisfaction. However, if this isn’t possible then you always have a right to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you believe that any use of your personal information by us is in breach of applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Please see below for contact details of the ICO:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate)
Making a complaint will not affect any other legal rights or remedies that you have.
11. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use a wide range of organisational and technical security measures to protect your information. This includes regular and thorough staff training about data security and data rights.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone, and to use a password that is appropriate (i.e. a mixture of upper and lower case letters, and characters, which isn’t used on other sites and isn’t easily guessed).
Firewalls are used to block unauthorised traffic to the servers and the actual servers are located in a secure location which can only be accessed by authorised personnel. Our internal procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
12. CONTACTING US
If you have any questions about how we collect, store or use your personal information, you may contact our data protection officer at:
Data Protection Officer
Unit-21, 2nd Floor, Skyline Village, London E14 9TS