MSc in Computing and Technology
EU/Home : £7,995
Jan, May, Sep
The MSc in Computing and Technology is a one-year taught programme run by the School of Computer Science. The course consists of two semesters of taught components followed by an 11-week project leading to the submission of a 15,000-word dissertation in August. The course is designed to be flexible to allow students the freedom to pursue their own interests within computer science. The course introduces students to programming skills in a modern software development environment. Students undertake a significant project, including a wide-ranging investigation, leading to their dissertation, which enables them to consolidate and extend their specialist knowledge and critical thinking. Students have 24-hour access to modern computing laboratories and group-working facilities.
Your possibilities in this area
Common employers are IT consultancies and IT service providers. However, as most businesses rely on computers to function effectively, there are also opportunities within the IT departments of major organisations in sectors such as, aerospace and defence, agricultural, financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, public and third sectors, retail, telecommunications etc. Small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) have a range of computing opportunities, too.
Two fifths of graduates in employment in the UK six months after graduation are working as programmers and software development professionals. Six of the top ten jobs held by graduates are related to computer sciences and include web design and IT operations technician.
Facts and Facilities you must know:
- Those who have completed their studies in the non-business curriculum can also take this course
- You just need to complete your honors degree in any arena but also keep in mind that you have to be more motivated and engaged in this subject area.
- UK government gives a golden opportunity to the EU/ home students to take up to £10,906 study loan for post-graduation. Loans are paid in three steps throughout the academic year depending on whether you are on a full-time duration of the course or part-time.
- Postgraduate students have a lot more opportunities than undergraduate students. One of them is the chance to take classes at the end of the week or evening. This kind of class schedule is very useful for the students who are already employed and those who are looking for a job, they get the opportunity of networking while taking the classes.
- Postgraduate students do not have much pressure to study, they only need to attend classes two days a week so that they can be regular and attentive to their courses. This is why their results are even better than under grade level.
- In this age of globalization, communication can be made from anywhere in the world. If you have the spark and want more opportunities in your life you should globally connect to let people know about your skill. Take the advantages of social media, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other sites.
- University authorities do give the respect of your study journey they know well about the need, pressures, demands, obstacles, struggle you do in your student life. Due to which their education loan for postgraduate students is very readily available. They provide this support from beginning to end of the education
Entry and Academic Requirements:
- A 2nd Class minimum of a (2.2) Certificate will be required from the UK University or any country in the world.
- Students who do not have the necessary required educational qualifications but have enough experience working in a business establishment will be not be considered inappropriate. So if you have any concerns, please contact us and ask for advice.
- Alternatively, our pre-master’s program is designed for those who are unable to meet admission requirements, after the completion of the pre-master’s program you will be easily applied for the master’s program.
- UKVI IELTS 6.0 (No less than 5.5 any individual section)
- If Student has UKVI IELTS 5.0 or 4.5 score, do not worry, they can apply for a postgraduate program with the help of our partner universities and colleges.
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Coventry University, London
- De Montfort University, Leicester
- Middlesex University
- Northumbria University, London
- University of Greenwich
- Ulster University
- Solent University and Many More….