BA (Hons) Creative Arts and Design
EU/Home : £6,000 – £9,250
International: £8,000 – £18,500
With Work Placement
Jan, May, Sep
About the Course
This four-year degree course includes an intensive foundation year (Year 0), which will enable you to progress onto one of our art or design undergraduate degree. It is both preparatory and diagnostic, allowing you to explore a number of different directions prior to choosing a specialist at the end of the year. It will also provide you with the skills required for your subsequent three years of study. Throughout the course you’ll present work-in-progress and finished projects to peers and tutors on a regular basis, which will prepare you for the public exhibition at the end of year. This will be a chance for you to explore your abilities and guide you towards establishing an individual focus and direction.
What you can do with this degree?
Art careers come in all shapes and sizes. There are art industry jobs creating original works, selling and promoting them, and displaying them to the public in museums and galleries. There are jobs teaching others about art and jobs helping people to express themselves through art. you will find it essential or highly advantageous to have a varied portfolio of work to show prospective employers, including some of your own original ideas as well as coursework. The theoretical side of your degree should allow you to put this work into context, explaining your influences, the thought behind your choice of themes and why you used certain materials and techniques.
Be sure to network at every opportunity throughout your studies, and find ways to present your work in public spaces by entering as many competitions and exhibitions as you can.
In addition to the University’s standard entry requirements, you should have:
- To have a Certificate of Passing the 12th Examination or equivalent Examination successfully.
- at least one A level (or a minimum of 32 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Subsidiary/National/BTEC Extended Diploma)
- English Language GCSE at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
- Maths GCSE at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
- UKVI IELTS 6.0 ( No less than 5.5 any individual section)
- If Student has UKVI IELTS 5.0 or 4.5 score, Do not worry, they can apply for undergraduate program with the help of our partner universities and colleges.
- You will need to attend an interview with your portfolio of creative work. We encourage applications from International/EU students with equivalent qualifications. We also accept mature students with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Suitable applicants living in the UK will be invited to a portfolio interview.
- Applicants living outside the UK will be required to submit a small portfolio of work via email.
Check our affiliated universities here
Study in UK with a prestigious subject is something students never want to get missed. Before applying your search for courses and proceed according to your ability.