Business and Tourism-Extended
EU/Home : £6,000 – £9,250
International: £8,000 – £18,500
With Work Placement
Jan, May, Sep
About the Course
Tourism and Business (including foundation year) BA (Hons) degree is ideal if you’re looking to enter a managerial career in the tourism and travel industry.
During your foundation degree you will learn key business skills and increase your academic confidence. You’ll share this introductory year with students studying some of our other business-related degrees, allowing you to share perspectives and gain a broad knowledge of business and management.
As you progress into the second year of the course, you will study the same course content and get the same choice of modules as those who study our three-year Tourism and Business BA course.
What you can do with this degree?
The graduate job market is competitive and graduates with work experience are more likely to enter the desired career. In Year 2 or 3, you’ll be required to select a work-related learning module. Although we can’t guarantee you a work experience placement, we will advertise suitable positions and support you through the application process. The travel and tourism sector comprises many different industries and sub-industries, including services such as retail travel, currency exchange, tour operators and tourist boards. It also covers passenger transport including coach, aviation, rail and waterways and visitor attractions such as museums, theme parks, zoos and heritage sites.
A variety of accommodation services also fall within this category, including hotels, hostels and holiday parks. Associated with hotels and core business operations are conferences and events, which provide considerable all-year-round employment opportunities.
In addition to the University’s standard entry requirements, you should have:
- To have a Certificate of Passing the 12th Examination or equivalent Examination successfully.
- at least one A level (or a minimum of 32 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Subsidiary/National/BTEC Extended Diploma)
- English Language GCSE at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
- Maths GCSE at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
- UKVI IELTS 6.0 ( No less than 5.5 any individual section)
- If Student has UKVI IELTS 5.0 or 4.5 score, Do not worry, they can apply for undergraduate program with the help of our partner universities and colleges.
Check our affiliated universities here
Study in UK with a prestigious subject is something students never want to get missed. Before applying your search for courses and proceed according to your ability.