Benefits of the Post Study Work Visa (PSW) in UK
UK Post Study Work (PSW) visa is going to come into place this year on Summer 2021 semester. Academic Education Explains here how you can get Benefits of the Post Study Work Visa. It is definitely a break-through for the international students. Considering the job aspects, we would say, the students with graduate management program degrees will surely be benefitted with this. The rule is mentioned as the Graduate Route in UK.
All the international students studying in UK nevertheless getting a graduate or a master’s degree, they will get a work experience of 2 years in UK through the Graduate route. This is to mention that the students completing their PhD on or after summer, 2021 will get to stay and work in UK for 3 years.
How you are benefitted
- If you are an international student holding a Tier-4 VISA while applying for the opportunity, Congratulations. You are well eligible for this. But have in mind that, by the time you are applying, your Graduate level degree is completed in UK with a track record of compliance.
- Once approved, Eligible Students on this route will get to stay in UK for 2 years after completing their graduation/ Post Graduation. During this time, they will be able to stay at work, look for suitable jobs, and even switch from job to job if they find it suitable enough. The PhD holder students will be able to to all these for 3 years instead of 2.
- The route is going to be launched in the summer semester of 2021. Therefore, the students, who started their course and are to finish on or after summer, are eligible for the benefits of this rule.
- The new immigration rules stated that, holding a skills shortage position in a job will add an additional 20 points for the immigrant. Hence, any students meeting that criteria will be benefitted in securing residency in UK during that extra PSW time.
- It is previously mentioned that you will get benefitted by this route if you are an applicant of 2020-21 sessions. But it is more of an exciting issue that due to covid-19 and travel banning issues, even if you are starting your degree online from your home country, you still get all the same facilities for your PSW permit.
Things to keep in mind
- If you are due to complete your degree in summer 2021 but have been unable to travel to the UK yet, just make sure you arrive by April,6 – 2021. Yet you will be eligible to apply for it when it launches. Just complete your final semester and go for it.
- If you are enrolled in a one year master’s course in January 2021, make sure of your arrival in UK by 27th September, 2021 to complte the final semester in UK to be eligible to apply for the PSW permit.
- The Graduate Route will require a new visa application including the payment of a visa fee and the newly stated Immigration Health Surcharge.
To know more about how you can start your courses from home online and finish it in UK followed by applying for a PSW permit, do contact us for the easiest solutions on your case.
Post Study Job prospects for fresh Graduates
The covid-19 has surely affected the world economy hence the UK job market. It will be wrong if we tell you that you will get a job as soon as you graduate or jobs are waiting to hire all the young graduates.
The recent times has shaped the UK job market in such a way that, it is on hunt for the right talent on the right job. Job opportunities will surely be ripe but it will be welcoming for only the right talents. Fortunately, most of the institutions will shape your abilities in a skillful manner while graduating. If you are already a part time working type of student in UK, you got the experience in your resume to show off your talent. So you still have time to gather experience before summer 2021 to secure a post study job for your future.
Rohit Kumar, head of international recruitment at the University of Liverpool says,
“professionals should make themselves as employable as possible. Companies will want strong communicators, team players, people who can give and receive constructive feedback, and those who can see the bigger picture when identifying the role and impact of individual parts of a problem. Business school graduates fit the bill.”
He also mentioned that,
“Brexit will test companies in new ways, and encourage fresh thinking beyond Europe and into global markets both familiar and unfamiliar. Companies and organizations will be looking at a diverse group of individuals to help meet their strategic and operational objectives.”
It is forecasted by the experts that four certain areas will be nurturing new talent during the pandemic. The public sector, accounting sector, banking and finance sector and of course technology.
On the verge of a Post Study Work VISA
The PSW visa allows the fresh graduates to stay and work in UK for 2 years exceptionally for 3 years for the PhD holders. As mentioned before, the PSW visa holders can choose their jobs according to their skills in this period. They can switch jobs to jobs considering a good pay or more suitable skills.
When a PSW visa is about to expire on the verge of 2 / 3 years of time period, one must apply for a “general work visa” or a “skilled work visa”. To apply you must meet all the criteria of a Tier 2 visa which eventually secures your residency in UK. It usually states that you must be paid at least £30,000 per year; but for some jobs, this level can be higher or lower.
Still, Have Any Questions on Mind?
RELATED BLOG POST: